Friday, September 14, 2007

Back to my theater roots

Well, there doesn't seem to be much film making going on down here in Florida, so I have been getting back involved in the Theater World. I joined a Mystery Theater Group and am waiting for my call back from the only professional theater down here in SW Florida. I am going to see the first play of their season. It's Romeo and Juliet. I will let you all know what I think about it. The name of the company is "Florida Rep". I went to the general auditions last month and it went really well. They said they will be calling me for a reading for one of their plays this season. I can't wait.
Romeo and Juliet was great. A very entertaining evening.
Shakespeare's beloved tragedy gets an exciting revitalization in a co-production with the Obie Award Winning Classical Theatre of Harlem. All the classic lines, all the excitement of the original, but this time it's set in modern-day Harlem with a multicultural cast in a sleek 90-intermissionless-minutes

7 Comments:

Blogger Regina Caschetto said...

Dear Elizabeth-
Sounds wonderful-
Please update us on the production of "Romeo and Juliet"-
And I am sure you will get a call back for one of their future productions-
How exciting to be doing theatre-
Regi.

September 14, 2007 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Tatze1981 said...

I hope it go nevertheless somewhat faster for you.
it would be so beautiful.

anna

September 15, 2007 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger cballi said...

Sounds fantastic to keep involved in whatever resources are available to you. Never know with your skills and background,maybe you should start your own theatre company. Offer those just starting out a place to hone their skills with not only a experienced actress but a true teacher in the craft.

September 16, 2007 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

That sounds wonderful--always good to return to the roots. I'm sure you'll do well. I've always been curious about acting, but too scared to try it.

September 17, 2007 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger Tatze1981 said...

when you back to the theater i hope you come sometimes to europe (perhaps to Berlin;))and i can see you in a production.

September 30, 2007 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger headache said...

I am figuring that you got your call back and you are having a good time.

October 5, 2007 at 1:41 AM  
Blogger ASH said...

Dear Elizabeth
Sounds like fun
Love cballis idea of your own theatre company =0)
Have a great birthday maybe some karoake...a little Grease? LOL
Take care!

October 16, 2007 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home