Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Blues




So this weekend we went to the Pine Island Blues Fest. While other bigger festivals were going on around the area, I opted for The Blues. No, Lover Boy or Foreigner as at the Coconut Fest, but I was happy to be turned onto a blues lady, Deb and The Dynamics. Deb does vocals and plays a mean bass. Go Girl! One thing about Florida there is lots of good music to be listened to live. The Festival was held on Pine Island at a campgrounds. Pine Island is beautiful. Palm trees of all kinds, small population, and Florida in its natural state. We camped by a little lake just outside the concert grounds. It was fun. I love the great outdoors. Whiskey and Wine and a good ol'time

I'm Here to StaySharrie Williams
"I'm Here to Stay" (mp3)
from "I'm Here to Stay"
(Electro-Fi Records)

Buy at iTunes Music Store
Buy at Rhapsody
Buy at Napster
Stream from Rhapsody
More On This Album

3 Comments:

Blogger jamie said...

Hey
I just wanted to say this is the way to go.When I was a teen-ager, the neighbors next door would play the blues all night long. I finally go used to it. I found myself opening up my bedroom window at night just to listen. At sixteen I would go the the record shop to purchase the music, the owner would say you are the youngest person that I know that have the blues. I would say I don't have the blues I just happen to love what it is saying, like County Western. I love Muddy Waters, Lighting Hopkins, Van Morrison, Albert King, B.B.King Sonny Boy Williamson, and whole lot more, thats just to name a few. I don't know who all you saw, but I know it was great, just wish I could have been there with ya

November 11, 2007 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger jamie said...

That is a great song, great picker-upper also. Thanks for sharing that with us.

November 13, 2007 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger luckydolphin said...

We've never made it to the Blues fest at the Kamp, Mr D and I usually head against the bi-annual migration(we live in Central FL), but we heard it's a great place to spend fun times with great music. Who knows, maybe instead of heading to the NC beaches-yes in Nov-we will point the RV back at PI. If we see you, the next cocktail is on us.

February 11, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home