Monday, January 17, 2011

Fort Myers Film Festival

These days you can find me hobnobbing at Intellectualization Mondays. What is that you may ask? Well every Monday night the New Fort Myers Film Festival hosts a night of short film screenings. It is a fun event with music, cocktails and venders selling tasty treats. Tonight one of my students will be singing. I can't wait to hear her. She is a very talented young lady. A couple of weeks ago I was a celebrity Judge. Unfortunately some of the films are really really bad. I am also a submission coordinator that screens and judges the films as they come in. I have watched many many films in the last couple of months. Just watched six last week and only two of them are worth screening. Although on Intellectualization Mondays they like to screen the bad ones also, just to get a rouse out of the audience. The audience members also get to critique the films they watch. The microphone gets passed around. All in all, it's a fun night and I'm looking forward to future screenings. The actual Film Festival will be in March. The deadline for submissions is the end of this month. January. Anyone out there interested in submitting please do so at without-a-box or go to the website http://www.fortmyersfilmfestival.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home