Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Secret Lives of Karaoke Junkies



I am currently directing an Indie Mocumentary on Karaoke singers. It is sooooo much fun! I am sure you all know how much I like Karaoke. I just don't take it as serious as the writer and her friends. Although, I do take directing very serious. It's going well. We have about 15 more scenes to film. Most of the film takes place in local bars. Thanks to Kimber at Jimbers and others. Lots of late night shoots. The actors? Well, some are professionals, others amateurs, and then there are just the normal people. Honestly, a couple of the actors are good, but all in all it is easier to direct the normal people. I mean normal. Actors are a whole different lot. lol!

Documentary style, with solo interviews of cast members speaking their mind about Karaoke and what it means to them, or bashing the drunk girl, and mother of Lula. It starts out with Lula and her friends singing Karaoke at a local bar. They find a flyer announcing a contest in Tampa where they can win a recording deal. They take a 4 hour road trip and clash with the Karaoke locals of the bar that the contest is held. The screenplay is full of characters, the big boob, mom wearing sunglasses and carrying a little Maltese dog, the drunk girl always wanting to sing out of turn, and Karaoke Divas. Lucy Harris wrote the screenplay as well as producing and playing the lead. She called me or txted me, I can't remember. "Would you like to direct my film?" I accepted and am living the lives of Karaoke Junkies.

http://dennypromotions.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home