Friday, November 7, 2008

The play, the play, the play! Oui Vei!
















The play, the play, the play. That is all that is going through my head these days. Well, besides the 30 something pages of lines that I have yet to put to memory. Have about 15 pages so far, hidden in my ol' noggen. I had to replace my director, so I ended up directing myself, as well as playing the leading lady role. Everythings cool though. Well, except for some obvious stress that I am venting here. On The Hard is an original piece by my friend Fay Graetz. I met her in a screenwriting class and had the opportunity to read for her play with an audience. I really loved the idea and told her that I would work on getting the play out there. Good for my word, I did. Rewrites, rewrites and rewrites abound. Now I am happy to say that we have ourselves a very interesting, sometimes funny, dramatic piece. Besides the two leads, there are four characters, that only by living on the beach could I help my actors develop. Here's a little blurb about it.

On the Hard is a two act play about a husband and wife (couple?) infected by a dream to cruise the Caribbean. They’ve sold everything and moved aboard a fixer-upper in a backwater boat yard in Florida. It is a story about the ebb and flow of wanderlust, love and commitment.

Life is good with a new president, a play in the works, my classes filling up and a wonderful man that supports my endeavors. So if any of you happen to be down here in the tropics, the production dates are as follows:

November 28, 29, 30 and December 5, 6, 7
Friday and Saturdays at 7pm Sundays at 2pm
For more info and tickets please see: http://www.islandartsfoundation.org

6 Comments:

Blogger Regina Caschetto said...

Dear Elizabeth-
What a wonderful yet very busy time in your life-
Hope all continues to go well-
Regi.

November 7, 2008 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger shopgirl said...

I would love to read the play. My friends just did a somewhat similar thing -- packed up their lives, bought a fixer-upper boat, and traveled in and around the Caribbean. Sadly, while he reveled in it, she suffered from severe sea anxiety. They had to sell the boat and return to terra firma. Two people on a little boat must make for great drama and comedy. My friends did keep a very cool blog, http://www.weebeastiebaba.com/wordpress/
which might make for a great story someday as well.

Good luck with your work!

November 9, 2008 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

I am missing where the play is being held...pls advise.

Having lived on St. Croix for 10 years and here for 20..I am looking forward to seeing it.

Celia

November 10, 2008 at 8:06 AM  
Blogger jamie said...

I certainly wish I could be there to be a part of this interesting project. I'm so busy here in California making things happen. I got off to a shaky start, but things a great now. So again good luck and I know things are coming together in a positive and prolific way.

November 10, 2008 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger EDO said...

The play is at 2915 Estero Blvd on Fort Myers Beach. Please see website www.islandartsfoundation.org for tkts and info. Link at bottom of blog post.

Thanks

November 11, 2008 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger www.simonbruce.com said...

It's spelled "Oy Vey"

November 11, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home