Wednesday, November 4, 2009

VIP Gala


It's been years now since I live in Florida, that I've been invited to a black tie event. Looking through my gowns stashed away at my mom's house was very interesting. I don't know why I possibly thought I could get my new over 50 bod in anyone of them. They were size 2. I could wear them as sleeves. So off I went to find a gown. I had my eye on one at my friend's store that I mentioned on here a month or so ago. I believe it was the one I was holding up in the pic. It was still there, so my mom bought it for me as a Birthday present. Now shoes. Oui Vei! Being famous on foodstamps (just kidding about the foodstamps, but close) you have to make due with what you have. So is it silver or black heels? I'll bring both. Thank god jewelry is one size fits all. I have to go teach the kiddies in Naples that afternoon, so I thought it would be a good excuse to hang with my childhood friend, Fawn, until the event that evening. She owns a beauty shop called First Street Salon. She will do my hair and makeup. Thank you Fawn. The event is the opening night gala of The Naples International Film Festival. Coctail party and a film called, "The Cove". Time to make the mustang shine for the valet. Just hope I can get out of the car gracefully. lol. Wow, my ticket says Orchestra Center Front. Not bad for a famous person's sibling. Actually, I do have a film there and I am on the board of advisories, so that may have something to do with the invite. All in all it should be an interesting evening as Naples plays Hollywood for the night. I hope I have pics for my next post. That's if I don't forget the camera.

4 Comments:

Blogger judith said...

Do have a good time Elizabeth and don't forget to tell us all about it.x

November 4, 2009 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Labs_n_SD said...

Hope your movie does well. Enjoy the evening. I've always preferred the film festivals. Smaller and independent films over the studio stuff.

I'm thinking my tennies and boots preference doesn't match the VIP Gala appearance, wonder if that's why I never get invited to anything? I know I wouldn't have a dress that fit either, but for the opposite reason. I lost over 100 lbs and have nothing that fits (not complaining mind you). It's a great excuse to buy new clothes.

November 4, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger unknown author said...

Have a wonderful time!! Yes, please don't forget your camera. We want to see lots of pictures of you in your "movie star" best... Most importantly..... HAVE FUN :-)

November 4, 2009 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger guiding light81 said...

Since when women need an special occasion to buy new clothes/shoes/bags/jewelry?There are so many reason to need new ones!
But hey,an invitation to a gala may be an good excuse for any extraordinary expenses?*wink*
So have a good time!

November 5, 2009 at 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home