Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hello everyone out there in cyberland. Rehearsals started for "Talk Radio" and it is going well. Very exciting figuring out all that it takes to put on a play production. Lighting, sound, blocking, scene design, characterization and the whole Mise En Scene. It's so much fun for me. I love directing and after this one I am going to be directing another play here on the beach. Although, right now it's all about Talk Radio. I can't get over my connection with Eric Bogosian. A bit nervous about the fact that he may know that I am directing his play. Not only is he a friend of my brothers, but his son is a friend of my son. Small world. I am hoping to do his play justice. It is a realistic play and with a small budget. I am trying like hell to do the best we can with a minimal set. All in all, everyone cast is doing a great job, already. They are bringing some nice creativity to the table. This is a big cast of eleven. It helps a lot that the actors are experienced on the stage, so I don't have to start from scratch with them all. The play is very different from the film. I have the utmost respect for Mr. Bogosian's script. You should take a read of it sometime.

Just wanted to put in a little note about this years NYC workshop in June. Please start writing in if you are interested in making it. I believe it will be on Saturday, the 12th of June from 1pm - 5pm. Will have a sign in button put on soon. Hope to see you all there!

5 Comments:

Blogger fuzzytweetie said...

I wish you good luck.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a gifted woman and a talented actor. Both you and Mr. Bogosian will be dealing with the same thing....giving "birth" to a creation that both of you have an enormous amount of yourselves invested in.

WOW, directing a play on a beach!

February 10, 2010 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger linda said...

Your plays sound like alot of fun!

I am interested in attending your workshop this year. It will be my first time in New York and I'm so excited!!

February 10, 2010 at 6:47 PM  
Blogger guiding light81 said...

Hey Linda,will you be so kind to tell us about your experience.I will be in NYC this year myself,but unfortunately only from the 3th to the 7th of june (pretty close!)

February 13, 2010 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger judith said...

All the very best with the play.x

February 14, 2010 at 4:28 AM  
Blogger judith said...

Me again. Is Pinky in it?x

February 14, 2010 at 4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home